Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 in Review

Revolving trio at Armory
Gene Master Class
Super Bowl Sunday at the Armory with Gene in the audience
Project 5 at the Cargo right before Board of Health closes it
Braden Master Class
Quartets with Kris
Armory cancels on me when I book Jon Gordon
P19 at CSI - big (not huge) success, but nice review in Advance
Adam Rogers Master Class
GC Jr Master Class
Jam with Andy and Robbie (and Johnny Rog for a little bit)
"Rush and Philosophy" - sort of
Quatro gig with "Project Four-Fifths"
Summer vacation with my buds
P19 Back to the Beach gets rained out, but not for long
20,000 people when we finally play
Richmond County Fair with Project 9
"John Martinson" picnic with John Rogers, Andy and one of the best bands I've ever played with
UFO at B.B. King's
Jon Gordon Master Class
B&B in New Paltz - with pugs (foo-dogs)
"Where the Wild Things Are"
Sheryl Bailey Master Class
//webdev crashes//
Gig with Gene Bertoncini at Alor Cafe - musical highlight of my life? Probably
Goodbye Uncle Eddie
Quartet with Keith Gurland - wow!

The year at work has been as bad as I could imagine. Search committees I wanted nothing to do with, machines crashing.
Pretty depressed as the year ends - hoping for something to shake me out of it.
Events of this year took everything I had. Feeling way empty, defeated.
Really made an effort at ambition, but I don't think it agrees with me. I would have liked to have seen some small measure of success. At anything.

Reading - lots of aesthetics.

Listening - still lots of Stan Getz.
Yes. Really the year of Yes.
"Return to Forever - Returns", "Five Peace Band", Metheny-Burton Quartet were some highlights.
Boulez, Joe Henderson, Wynton Marsalis, UFO "The Visitor", Bobby Broom
Sheryl Bailey - "A New Promise"
Corea / Burton "New Crystal Silence" is a late-in-the-year favorite

What to look forward to in the new year? Well, hopefully shaking off this funk. Some need to re-prioritize. Hopefully my fancy new elliptical will help me lose some weight.
Need to turn off the TV some more. Watching 3 hours of Family Guy every night isn't as much fun as it sounds like.

1 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the mention of Bobby Broom. We're delighted you like his music. Maxine, Bobby's manager

 

Post a Comment

<< Home