Thursday, August 11, 2005

GREAT Rehearsal, recording coming up this weekend!

Last night had an amazing rehearsal. It's a beautiful experience to hear a great musician bring your music to life. Hearing a world class player take my tunes and make then something "more" - wow, I'm blown away. Looking forward to recording Saturday. May finally do a recording and not think "this came out just ok", or "this sounds good except for...". Finally do one right.

Humbled and inspired to be around a musician so strong. Really makes you want to get your shit together.

After a few bad musical experiences over the last few weeks it felt great to have a really satisfying playing experience.

What's odd is that I haven't been listening to much jazz leading up to this. And almost no jazz guitar at all. If anything I've been listening to lots of Hendrix and Miles (which is what I've been listening to most of the time lately, anyway). I want to absorb their power. That's what I want to feed off of. It's almost like I don't want to pollute my ideas with anyone else's until the recording gets done.

Here's hoping it lives up to my newly heightened expectations. If it's anywhere near as good as the rehearsal, I'm sure it will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home