Friday, December 16, 2005

Farewell to my favorite all-time radio show!

Today was the final broadcast of my favorite radio program. No, not Howard Stern, that's my wifes favorite.

I'm talking about Air America Radios' "Morning Sedition". I've been listening since day one, and have grown to love Marc Maron, Mark Riley, and the gang. The Mortensens, the Milfingtons, Sammy the Stem Cell, Johnny K Street. Everyone. K-Lo, Bredan, Dan. I am going to miss the Liberal Confessional (I have some confessions I never got to make). I won't know what to do without my Liberal Agenda from the Streisand Compound. This was the best show on the network by a long shot, and their decision to pull the plug boggles my mind.

I will also miss Brian from Everet and his inconsistent mental disposition.

I'm glad Riley will still be around, and I love Rachel Maddow, so I guess I'll start listening to her in the morning (I have been known to get up at 5:30 just to catch a little of her brilliance). But she will somehow feel like a Stepmom that we're fond of, but don't really love.

I hope Maron gets back on the air. And I regret not picking up a copy of his book used on Amazon when they were a dollar, instead of waiting till now when it has become a collectors item. I may purchase the digital download to printout and read. I think I'll be suffering some serious MS withdrawal.

Goodbye geniuses, philosopher kings and queens, working class heroes, progressive utopians with no sense of humor, lurking conservatives, etc....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home